Monday, November 26, 2012

Smoked Duck Salad

Those of you who know me very well know that I have an obsession with smoked duck. It was one of the things I craved the most while in New Zealand for the last five months (along with good bubble tea and fried chicken and chicken rice and satay... and this list could go on for a while, so I'll stop here).

Since I'm back, and have access to my absolute favorite smoked duck again (sorry Jess, I know you love ducklings and abhor that I eat ducks), I thought I'd make a smoked duck salad.



So here's the smoked duck breast I got from Cold Storage at $6.95.


I decided to take Joanna's mom's advice to wrap the meat in foil, leaving the skin exposed as such.



Then I popped the whole thing in my toaster oven at 200°C for roughly 20 minutes. I say roughly because I put it in, turned the timer and then promptly forgot about it because I'm easily distracted.


This was how it looked like when it came out of the oven, a far cry from the pale poultry that made it in ~20 minutes ago. The skin was crisp, and it was swimming in a bath of its own fat. *drool*


I then sliced it up. You can slice it thinly or thickly, anything you like(: I prefer mine sliced a tad thick so there's more bite to it.


Look at the skin on this! yum!


Chopped up some Romaine lettuce and mandolined some carrots

Here's how it looks like after assembled in a bowl. I added some of my favorite Brie as well.


For the dressing, I just added lemon juice and pulp. I like my salads plain.

This was a really good lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment